If interested in this position please send a letter explaining why you are interested in working at Russo’s Roots, if you have previous farm experience describe your previous work, your motivation to gain experience in agriculture and if you can commit to the full 3 months.
A farm visit will be required. Email your letter and resume with 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 person Full Time: 40 hrs/week
Seasonal: June-August, Tuesday – Saturday, 7:30am to 3:30pm
We are looking for an individual to assist us in growing vegetables for our Community Supported Agriculture Program (CSA) and Farmer’s Markets for the 2023 season. Production vegetable farm experience a plus but people with landscaping, nursery or other type of plant care experience will be considered. Must be punctual, industrious, courteous and most of all have a good sense of humor.
Responsibilities: As a key member of the production team you will be doing all sorts of farm related tasks. While working closely with the owners/farmers, work may include field production (seeding, planting, weeding, harvesting, washing/packing) irrigation, repair projects, greenhouse care and much more. Farm work is very physical but attractive for those who don’t like to be cooped up inside and enjoy working outside in all kinds of weather and environmental conditions.
- Practical experience and some knowledge of vegetable growing systems and plant care.
- Experience working with a team but also able to work independently and self motivate.
- Good at listening, handling complex instructions and confident to ask for clarification and follow up questions.
- Ability to kneel, bend, lift and carry 40lb crates of vegetables.
- Take pleasure in meaningful, tangible, sometimes repetitive work.
- Have your own transportation to and from the farm.
- The farm is a smoke-free, drug-free environment